Wednesday 16 June 2021

Lynch Paragraph Writing - Cultural Appreciation

 Paragraph Writing 


Using your PEEL paragraph structure (Point, Explanation, Example, Link) you are being asked to write another piece of Opinion Writing.


Over the last couple of weeks we have been celebrating our cultures, whether it be through our song and dance for Fiafia, or the work done for Samoan Language week, celebrating cultures is a rich and wonderful experience for us all.

Your question is this;


Why do you think it is important for us to celebrate, and share our cultures?


Bronze - One Paragraph

Silver - Two Paragraphs

Gold - Three or more Paragraphs


Begin to brainstorm your ideas below:

 I am going to write about why it is important to share our cultures.


I am going to explain this by sharing how people share and can share their cultures with other people and with friends.


Another thing I am going to write about is what I am trying to tell/ask people. My point, I am going to write about my point of view.


I am also going to write an example of this like how I share my culture with my friends,classmates,and the other people around me like at school.





Start your writing here:  


I think it is important to share your cultures so other people that are different cultures can know and see what it is like to be the culture that you are and so that they can understand why your culture is important to you. Our cultures are very important. Most people can speak their cultures but some don’t. Cultures are important because of the traditions and other things like the clothes and the foods also other things.


I share my cultures with my pairs by dancing and singing. I am not fluent in any of my cultures but I do know a few words. I am Samoan and Maori and I love my cultures. I also love the food and the traditions that we have. Another way I share my cultures is by speaking the little bit of samoan and Maori that I can speak to my pairs. One of my older sisters can speak pretty fluent in samoan, The reason why I can speak that much fluent in any of my cultures is because I didn’t have anyone to teach me or to tell me how to pronounce the words properly or how to say words, that is why I don’t know how to speak Samoan or Maori. 


You can share your culture with other people the way I do by speaking your own language and you can also dance and sing in your culture. You could also share your culture by wearing clothes of your cultures and you could also share your culture by cooking your food for people who have never had it before or even if they have you could still make them the food because it might be their favorite or something. 


Culture is important because of many reasons. It is one of the things that makes you, you and I think that you should share your culture not just because you want to, share your culture because you feel like it or you know that you really want to do it. Cultures are important because it’s your ethnicity and because your perants,grandparents,great grandparents and all the other generations in your family before you were born and when you were and were those cultures or culture. Culture is You.



THE END 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.