Tuesday 6 July 2021

Matariki Questions (W10, T2)

 MATARIKI, MAORI NEW YEAR - Questions


  1. How did Papatuanuku, and Ranginui become separated?

Their oldest son Tane Mahuta separated them with the help of his younger brothers. 


  1. Where does the name Matariki come from?

During the coldest time the matariki star cluster rises for the first time in the easteren Sky.


  1. What time of the year does Matariki happen?

             When it is coldest.


  1. What part of the sky does Matariki appear in?

  The Eastern Sky 


  1. What does the article say Matariki is time for?

Matariki marks the Important times.


  1. What do these Te Reo Maori words mean?


WORD

DEFINITION

whānau

Family 

tupuna

Grandparent or ancestor

rongoā

Traditional Maori Medicine

waiata

Song

mokopuna

Grandchild


  1. Name each of the seven stars that make up the Matariki star cluster.

Waiti, Waita,Tupu a nuku, Tupu a rangi, waipuna a rangi, Ururangi and Matariki.


  1. What are the lessons we learn from each of them?


We Learn that the two meanings of Matariki both refer to stars Mata ariki ( Eyes of God and Mata riki ( Little Eyes ).




  1. Which of these stars best represents the role you play in your whānau? 

Explain why in a PEEL Paragraph.


I am very similar to Ururangi because I am the youngest out of all my siblings and I also enjoy singing a lot. I like singing all sorts of songs, Maori songs and others. I love racing my sisters because I like winning races, but sometimes I can be a sore loser. I also love telling stories and I am a great listener so I love listening to them. I listen to stories a lot so I’m pretty used to them.I love being in a good mood and I try my best to cheer people up and keep them happy.


This is my Questions okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.